Parts of an Online Profile
(Note: If the profile section is in italics, then it is optional).
- Your name as it appears in your profile. (Put your real name in parenthesis, if it’s different than your profile name)
- Your photograph. One way to take a photograph is to use the camera on your Chromebook.
- A greeting or quotation. Choose a quotation or greeting to represent yourself or welcome visitors to your page. This doesn’t have to be something you actually said.
- Song now playing. Choose a song that reflects your mood or feelings at this particular moment. Be sure to consider the sound of the music, as well as the meaning of the lyrics.
- About me. Tell visitors about yourself at this point in your life. Describe your personality, heroes, inspirations, goals, fears, and so on. Think of your comments as a way to introduce yourself to someone who is unfamiliar with you.
- My latest blog entry or status update. Use this space to respond to something that happened to you recently. Briefly describe what happened, how you responded (or are responding), and what you plan to do next.
- My interests and favorites. Describe your favorite hobbies, places, friends, interests, music, etc.