“I have a passion for teaching kids to become readers, to become
comfortable with a book, not daunted. Books shouldn't be daunting, they
should be funny, exciting and wonderful; and learning to be a reader
gives a terrific advantage.”
Welcome to Primary Grades Academy...
"I love teaching reading to first through third grade students at Ashley River Creative Arts. I enjoy helping students with the process of becoming independent readers, writers and thinkers! This year I am excited about becoming trained in Reading Recovery, a research-based intervention program for first grade children experiencing difficulty learning to read and write."
A Little About Me...
- I was born in Charleston and grew up in West of the Ashley. I actually attended middle school here on the Ashley River Creative Arts campus when it was Wallace Middle School.
- Some of my favorite things to do are reading (I love John Grisham and David Baldacci) jogging...slowly, and painting.
- I have an Early Childhood Degree from Winthrop University and a Masters Degree in Reading Education from the Citadel.
- I have three children: Zack is 20 years old and is a student at Clemson University. Seth is 18 and attends PACE Charter School. Abby is 15 years old and is a tenth grade student at Charleston County School of the Arts. They all graduated from Ashley River Creative Arts!
- I have been married for 24 years to my husband Randy. We enjoy spending time with our children, traveling, watching old movies, and attending CLEMSON football and basketball games! Go Tigers!